Tuesday, April 24, 2007

emma loves

1. Singing loudly to Broadway musicals. I've always wanted to be a singing, dancing, acting star.
2. Dancing around my apartment to songs on my "Happy Music for Me" playlist while no one is looking.
3. Food of all kinds.
4. Designing new websites and learning more about programming.
5. Super sunshiny days.
6. Tulips.
7. Sweating.
8. Sleeping in a cold room while wrapped warmly in a big down comforter.
9. Lots of pillows on my bed.
10. Fireplaces and the heat that fires produce.
11. Hiking.
12. Taking road trips alone/taking road trips with good friends.
13. Shiny finger and toenails.
14. Pink cheeks.
15. The idea of playing with makeup, but not actually using it. I don't quite know how.
16. Dresses, skirts, and high heels.
17. T-shirts, jeans, and flip-flops.
18. Live, loud music.
19. Piano bars.
20. Hosting and entertaining others. I wish I could throw more parties.
21. Window-shopping for lingerie that I will never buy.
22. Big earrings.
23. Dogs. I love dogs.
24. My first, real, office job boss because she's the funniest person I've ever worked with.
25. Gmail and all other Google services.
26. Photographs.
27. Making stuff. Arts 'n' crafts projects are the best.
28. Smiling and smiles.
29. Pens, markers, and crayons. Scissors too.
30. Cheesy romantic comedies. I want a love life good enough for the movies.
31. Keeping tabs on my friends' lives by reading their blogs daily.
32. Slate's Everyday Economics articles.
33. Candles that smell like cookies, cakes, and brownies.
34. Riding metro trains.
35. Rooibos tea (loose leaf only) by the pot with milk and sugar. I love tea when it is served in a matching tea set (cups, saucers, sugar bowl, and milk cup) and enjoyed outside on a patio at a small, round café style table.
36. Bar talk with the girls.
37. The Bad Girl's Guide series.
38. Catching up with Madison every evening after I get off work.
39. My laptop Indiana, and bringing it with me where ever I go.
40. Staple guns, power drills, and other such tools.
41. Hearing stories about other people's lives.
42. Browsing homemade websites.
43. Biscotti, especially the chocolate kinds.
44. Wearing my college ring.
45. Giving people gifts.
46. Making homemade music videos.
47. Practicing Chinese.
48. Trying on fancy dresses with no intention of buying them.
49. Memories of summer camp.
50. Maps.
51. Walking and riding bikes.
52. Yoga and dance classes.
53. Summer clothing.
54. Water.
55. Cutting coupons.
56. Thumbing through the Sunday paper advertisements. Target's weekly ad is my favorite.
57. Bicycles with baskets filled with groceries or flowers.
58. Doggie kisses.
59. Wearing boy's basketball shorts.
60. Sleeping in freshly washed sheets, naked after having just showered.
61. Airports.
62. People touching me. Massages. Human contact.
63. Being bare foot.
64. Using telephone headsets.
65. Being in charge.
66. Speaking in front of large audiences. Running meetings. Emceeing events. That kind of thing.
67. Watching Katie run around at the dog park.
68. Getting lost in the city on foot or in my car.
69. Friendly sales people who don't try to sell me anything.
70. Florida perks like the beach, people who are paid to smile at you, and Disney World.
71. Smiles from strangers on the street. Friendly smiles, not creepy ones.
72. People with manners.
73. Iced Caramel Macchiatos.
74. Unlimited use metro cards.
75. The smell of stuffed animals and blankets from my childhood.
76. Rain storms.
77. Smiling and/or laughing babies.
78. Being outdoors. Taking naps underneath the shade of big trees is the best.
79. Sending and receiving snail mail.
80. The way autumn feels when it's just beginning.
81. The way a song or a smell can instantly transport me back to a past experience and help me recall a lost memory.
82. Surprise phone calls from loved ones just to let me know that they're thinking about me.
83. My Sonicare toothbrush. The one Madison got me for my 23rd birthday.
84. Traveling.
85. Fine coffees and teas.
86. Sharp and stinky cheeses.
87. Polite children who say "please," "thank you," and "excuse me."
88. Watching people dance.
89. Surprises.
90. Birthdays.
91. Christmas trees, Christmas carols, Christmas parties, and Christmas food.
92. Dark chocolate truffles.
93. Taking and editing photos.
94. Funfetti cupcakes.
95. Shorts, swimwear, and bare skin in the sunshine.
96. Cooking.
97. Unexpected calls, emails, or letters from friends.
98. Comments on my blog.
99. Clean bathrooms.
100. Sharing.
101. Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain.
102. Glossy Magazines.
103. Sex and the City, Friends, Grey's Anatomy, and Ugly Betty.
104. Smart people.
105. Wearing my moccasins around the house.
106. Free furniture on the streets of New York.
107. Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
108. Frisbee dogs.

No comments: